Saturday, January 11, 2014

So, I drove through a freaking hurricane to get up to West Palm - checked into my hotel after a fabulous time at the show and watched the local news and they said if the rain had been snow, we would have had seven feet! I believe it. It was crazy awful. But like the post office's motto: Neither snow nor rain nor heat . . . well you know the rest. I was not to be deterred!

So, how crazy is this? I took 114 pictures the first day. Whoa! I promise not to put them all here but seriously, you would love to see each and every one - I know that you would.

see the egret?
 Amazing that this is just fabrics and sewing, isn't it? Women are so creative.
This next quilt won Best of the world. It was titled Venetian Menagerie and it was jaw dropping amazing. Fabric and sewing, people! Well, and skill and imagination.

 I thought this next one was done with organza but nope. Every bit of "shading" is another piece of fabric. Wow



The South Africa quilts were disturbing and beautiful. They were not just fabric and sewing. They had yarn and paint and paper and plastic and you name it. Innovative. I think this was called Religious Conversation or something like that.

 Lots of 3-D this year. A whole section of delphiniums interpreted by a guild but I liked this one best.
 This guild used a common "pathway" and each created her quilt to incorporate it. Love this idea!
 This next quilt of Mozart won first place but my picture came out blurry. sorry
This won 3rd place. The scrabble tiles on the side of her face spell out affirmation and the background fabric has a variety of new age related words and sayings.

This next quilt won Best of Country, I think for Japan. Whatever, it was well deserved. That's a lot of points, baby!

This quilt won 2nd place. It was trapunto and about a gazillion hours of quilting.
Great show as always. Loved it. Spent too much money.  Next time I'll tell you why I cut the show short on the second day.  buh bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment