Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Berkeley Springs

My BFF Stacy and I had a quiet laid back visit in Berkeley Springs. We hung out with Sophie, checked out the little town, found a great restaurant: Tari's Cafe, (and if you ever go, you must try it out; it is also an art gallery so lots to take in -visually and orally!- haha), and went to a quilt show - bonus!
The Baths. George Washington's bathtub is on the upper left. No, seriously!

Scenic overlook where you can see Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Maryland.
The second day here, Sophie finally wagged her tail and seemed more herself. Thankfully. She does love her Aunt Stacy and they spent the nights together. The house we were in was a bit of a nightmare. There were giant carpenter bees devouring the house and we got swarmed whenever we walked outside. A bit like a science fiction movie.
holes in the cabin from bees
sawdust generated by bees - zoiks!
The Delectable Mountain Quilt Guild had a small quilt displayed in each of the local downtown businesses and then there was the show. Very nice and here are a few of the quilts because I know you want to see them. Nice to get a little quilt-y fix in West Virginia.


I'm writing from Massachusetts today. Sophie and I left West Virginia early yesterday morning and had a 10 hour slog through Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut. Did I miss any? Usually Connecticut is the worst but this spring it was Pennsylvania. Stuck for an hour-and-a-half in the middle of nowhere surrounded by giant trucks. I played the harmonica and Sophie sang along from the back seat. No, really! I swear I am not making this up. Helped pass the time. We were in time for dinner with my sister and bro-in-law and my mom flies in today. It will be nice to be together.




No comments:

Post a Comment