Sunday, August 2, 2015

Finally had a chance to sit down to some sewing yesterday. I've been so excited to use my new curvy log cabin ruler. I cut about a million strips and separated into darks and lights and various sizes because the curvy log cabin uses wide and narrow strips to make the curves. Batiks, of course.
I set up the new ironing board I got at the quilt show. It attaches to the table and sits right next to me with my mini steam iron. LOVE!
A mighty wind came out of nowhere and blew the window open and papers, glasses, fabric, EVERYTHING went flying through the room. Here is a view of the waves through my window. The yellow thingy to the right is my neighbor's swim float.
 ugh  Back to the drawing board. I found strips of fabric by the fireplace, in the kitchen, on the couch...
 Calmed right down and we had a gorgeous sunset though.
And here are three things I'm loving this morning:

1.    Brainpickings.org  I get this thoughtful "interestingness digest" every Sunday and it never disappoints. Today, the drawings of Beatrice Potter and Maurice Sendak and many more and a quote from Toni Morrison that struck me:  True adulthood...is a difficult beauty, an intensely hard won glory which commercial forces and cultural vapidity should not be permitted to deprive you of.  Love that.
2.    Expanding Your Happiness. A guided meditation with Oprah and Depak Chopra. I've listened to it many times and it never gets old.
3.    Scrambled eggs in butter! OMG what a nice break from my usual smoothie! Delish.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment