Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mom and Dad took me out to Seva for lunch and then we went to see an adaptation of the play, The Beaux' Stratagem by George Farquhar, an Irishman who first produced it in the 1700's. V. funny. Then, back I went to return my rental car and spend the night at the Westin, Detroit Metro Airport - shout out! Fab hotel! I flew out at the crack of dawn - literally - yesterday morning and arrived to 80 degree weather. V. nice.
I do want to back up a few days and tell you about Aunt Dot's sendoff. My friend, CarolAnn threw a great party for her Aunt Dot, deceased this past summer. It was held at Silver Shores in the clubhouse, catered and with a live band.
the  clubhouse at dusk
A great time. Then a champagne toast followed by the "Blast to Heaven." That's right, Aunt Dot's ashes were shot out of a canon to sea. Followed by many of us flinging long stemmed red roses after her. Ah yes, only in the Keys. She is missed. And btw, it took two canon blasts to get all of Aunt Dot off to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment