Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sophie's in love . . .

. . . with Gino. Gino comes to work on my pool every day. He is a Vietnam Vet, covered in tattoos, has about three teeth, wears a belly shirt and a doo-rag and has a love for Bud Light. And for Sophie. They spend each and every day together and she doesn't come in the house until Gino leaves for the day.
It rained hard for two days this week so Gino didn't show up. Sophie was demented with grief. I had to force her to come inside out of the rain when she wanted to lie on a pile of sand and stare at the gate, willing Gino to appear. When Gino showed up yesterday she began shrieking with joy, jumping in circles until I could get the door open and she could rush into the arms of her beloved. I don't even want to think about what will happen when the pool is done and Gino is gone. I think I will have to share custody with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment