Saturday, December 14, 2013


I've been feeling pretty good about the holiday season this year, feeling tough, feeling like I'm handling it, like it's nothing, shake it off, just another day, when I realize I'm a bit cranky (ok maybe more than a bit) and a little depressed (ok maybe a little more than a little) and ok, I'm crying and stressed out but it's just situational. Well, yeah, it's freaking Christmas again and I hate it.

Time marches on but I feel like I'm stuck in this crazy purgatory. It's been four years now, four Christmases, time to move on, but here I am waiting for things to get back to "normal" and they're never going to be that kind of normal again, not the way I knew it. No use gnashing teeth and shaking fists at the sky, shrieking, "I want my old life back." Ain't gonna happen. Ever. Never ever.

So, I go through the motions, smiling and nodding and pretending, hoping if I act it long enough, it'll be true.

Maybe next year I'll go on a cruise.



2 comments: