Monday, January 10, 2011

Here and now in 2011

I have been examining my life in this time of reflection of the year past and the year to come.

Some of you know my greatest challenge is to be present in the moment and shut out the constant what ifs and why me, rehashing the past over and over and over ad infinitum in my head.  This has not been easy for me. 

So, I wrote this long blog entry about my goals for the new year being about letting go of the past and forgiveness and I have read and reread it and you know what? It may be cathartic to write about how I have been wronged and how I am going to try to forgive but I realized it deals with the past and the future. Doh!  I love what Eckhart Tolle says about this:

FORGET ABOUT YOUR LIFE SITUATION and pay attention to your life. Your life situation exists in time. Your life is now. Your life situation is mind-stuff. Your life is real.

So, I am not going to tell you about my accomplishments in 2010 nor about my disappointments. (Have I not gone into them enough!?) It is all mind-stuff. Instead I will tell you that when I am creating, when I am sewing or drawing or writing or singing, I am in the present moment.  So here's to more of the creative and less of the self flagellation or playing the blame game. And, who knows, maybe 2011 will be the year I put my creative skills to work for me. I am offering a few of my quilts for sale at Dr. Lu's offices. This is a big step for me. I've never sold any of my work but now I think it could be the start of something wonderful.     Here they are:


And, here are a few of the bags I've been working on. Another backpack - I think I just about have it perfected now . . . 
 This is one of Heather Bailey's cute patterns. I am loving the ruffles
 Just finished this one,  a bag I thought my mom might like - might be too pastel-y though. We shall see...
 So that's all for now; I am off to my studio for some now time.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again. We know you will have a great 2011. Your quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love seeing your creative skills on display

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worked for me this time. Your creations are beautiful, and only you could have made them just like they are. Love your new focus on creativity - you have so much and you should enjoy it!

    Love,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot I was signed in as Maggie!

    ReplyDelete