Friday, January 9, 2015

So, yesterday morning I cleaned up, packed up, wrote a novel for my BFF Gloria on the care and feeding of the girls, kissed them good-bye and headed north for my annual pilgrimage to the World Quilt Show in West Palm Beach. So excited! And truthfully, after 3+ hours on the road, so very thankful to be alive and well in this beautiful life. I witnessed the aftermath of one obviously fatal accident and the other most likely so. Sobering to say the least.
Made the day that much sweeter and I had a lovely day seeing the quilts, watching the demos and trying to restrain myself in terms of shopping! eeek!  But, I've been a model of fiscal prudence and purchased only the needful, like this FAB mini steam iron. Wow! Ok, well my camera is now dead so ... Check this out! So cool:

 







So here are a few of the quilts and they were awesome!


Best in Country from Israel
the detail (click on it!)
a first place winner, for composition I think
doctors without borders - awesome
covered with little round pieces, 1/2 inch at most - Zoiks!
from the Curacao exhibit which was really inspirational
Bathtub Beach - one of my little sobrinitos' fave places There is a mouse flying the plane
 


First place World

 This quilt was absolutely stunning. It won Viewers Choice
Just look at the detail in the water below

This next quilt was all about the thread. It is "painted" with thread. Must have taken her eons. Amazing.



And now I have to run because I am taking a class this morning, then having lunch with some very special people and then jetting home. Can you say "whirlwind?"

No comments:

Post a Comment