Thursday, February 26, 2015

So, I wanted to show you my new digs, only a stone's throw from my back door. Yes, I know I just got settled into my new little house but "little" is the key word here and it is just big enough for my mom and dad at night and I needed a little hidey hole and a place for the girls and me to sleep. So my friend, Elaine, rented me her little Airstream. And it is ADORABLE!  Elaine is a quilter so of course, the textiles are super sweet. The inside is painted a pale lime green and it couldn't be cuter, right?
Sophie in front of our home away (just barely) from home.
Facing one way is the sitting area, turn around and you see the beds and beyond, the bathroom. I'm standing in the kitchen.
And, speak of the devils and here they are. Mom and Dad. This is a good picture of my Dad. Usually he has a huge frown on his face from trying to think. This will probably be his last trip to the Fabulous Florida Keys as Alzheimer's continues to rob him of his senses. It is the most despicable disease you can imagine and it is a daily struggle to understand him and, particularly in my mom's case, take care of him. We must do more to fight this horrible illness. It is rare you don't meet someone who has been touched by it in some way.
Sue came over for a swim and brought her friend, Gail, from Cornwall, England. I plan to become best friends with Gail so I can go over and visit her. I've always wanted to go to Cornwall . . . 


And, my hibiscus is looking beautiful these days, one bloom after another. You can see my tomatoes, lettuce and herbs beyond. My mom is helping me in the big garden out front and I'll share some pictures of that next time. My vision is becoming a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment