Thursday, April 30, 2015

I lost another family member this week. My precious Lucy.

Lucy in her beloved Maine woods
She was an amazing dog. She was born in a puppy mill and sold as a Christmas puppy. At a year old she was abandoned in the Everglades, pregnant. A recent x-ray showed she had been shot at some point. When she arrived at the shelter, she had lost half of her body weight. She was always grateful for her rescue and proved it with her daily devotion. When my husband left me, Lucy rescued me. I could not have kept going without her. Since then, she has been my - and Sophie's - closest and constant companion, best friend. I am so thankful for her presence in my life, so grateful that she was with me for 13 years. I cannot believe I will never see her again.




2 comments:

  1. Lizzie- so sorry for your recent losses. Sending warm comforting thoughts your way.

    Cathy McKillip

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with on losing your pal, it's never easy to lose a faithful companion.

    ReplyDelete