Saturday, May 9, 2015


Nothing like sewing to put one in the moment. And that's what keeps me sane. This will be a quilt for my friend Lu-Elaine, a lover of pastels. (All that pink . . . ugh) I think she will love it. And the next top is for my modern niece, Annie, and was supposed to be delivered at Christmas. I ran out of the gray to piece the back so will look at Alewives for more when I get up to Maine - ah well, the best laid plans . . . Fun (and therapeutic) to work on such different styles and fabrics.

Sophie and I have started the trek north. Lulu was definitely our pack leader and we are feeling rudderless and sad.

ready to go...I guess
Leaving The Fabulous Florida Keys

We ran into heavy rain leaving Florida but after a few hours it cleared and we could see the beautiful springtime greens.
The rolling hills of North Carolina

We've landed here in West Virginia to meet up with my friend, Stacy. We decided to go someplace new this year and are right outside of Berkeley Springs so more on that later when we go into town to "take the waters".

It is so strange to be traveling without our Lucy. I realize Sophie took most of her cues from Lulu and she is lost without her. I hope she will find her own way. For me, there is a huge hole in my life that she filled. I know time heals but we are going to need a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment