Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Well I was sick for 5 days and finally ditched my arsenal of holistic remedies and went to the doctor. Had a nebulizer treatment and got prescriptions for Prednisone (yuck) and an inhaler, and today I am much better. Yay for that. But listen, how crazy is this? So I'm waiting for the nebulizer treatment at the doc's and my phone chimes and I have this text:

Steady energy throughout the day
Great positive mood(s)
Freedom to breathe deeply and easily
Waking up clear headed and refreshed
A Clear mind and good memory
A strong vocal expression.

Deep Breathing should be a part of our everyday life. It not only can lengthen the years that we get to live, but can make us happier, more productive and energetic living them too. Breathing deeply is a well-known stress reliever and has a multitude of health benefits as well. However, in our high stress busy lives, we often breathe very shallowly most of the time. But with a little effort, deep breathing can become an easy and unconscious part of our daily life. By making a conscious decision to focus on our breath for a part of each day, we can make it so that we regularly breathe deeper without having to think about it at all.

I just love it when stuff like that happens!

Lousie Hay says problems with the lungs are due to grief or depression, of not being able to live life fully. I passed the 6th anniversary of the day my husband left a couple weeks back. And I admit, there is some part of me that holds on to the past. For instance, feeling so miserable and having to get up and take care of Sophie and myself when I was sick, I found myself thinking, he should be here for me. Silly moi!

It is hot and humid in Maine with cooler weather coming in a day or two, thankfully. Today Barbie Dreamboat is beckoning to me but I am on my way to Boston to see the fam and pick up my mum. And not a moment too soon.

hazy, hot and humid 


No comments:

Post a Comment