Friday, January 8, 2016


It's a long way up to Orlando but a world away from the Fabulous Florida Keys. Here is what greeted me on my arrival. You would not see this in the keys. Praise Jesus.
Anyhoo, I checked into my perfectly adequate hotel and was off to the World Quilt Show in the morning. Spent seven hours drooling over the gorgeous creative imaginative and fantastic quilts I saw. Quite humbling. On the one hand, makes me want to go home and start sewing. Inspiring. On the other hand, makes me want to put away my sewing machine for good. I am not worthy! Here is a small sampling:
from South Africa


Carmen Miranda - love this!



Viewer's Choice - the picture doesn't do it
justice. It was symbolic of the warming of the earth.
The beading in this is incredible.
from Israel. Love that it is a quilt within a quilt
This was making a statement about texting
and driving. Really nicely done.

The world winner and well deserved. Tibet. Awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment