Sunday, August 6, 2017

It's been another busy week. Billie went off to doggie daycare at The Coastal Dog. They whisked her away and I stood outside the fence listening to her cry for a second before being comforted by the staff person. Oy vey. The owner came outside and said SHE WILL BE FINE. GO. So I did and when I picked her up a couple of hours later, she was happy and exhausted. And dirty.
And what did I do while she had her trial stay at The Coastal Dog? Well, I went to King Eider's Pub of course. Represent! Had a nice haddock lunch and visited with Dan, Bartender Extraordinaire. Also went to the laundromat but why mention the drudgery?
Friday night I went to the Sunflower Celebration for Friends of Thai Daughters, a brilliant local charity supporting safe houses for girls in Northern Thailand. It is such a worthy charity and I hope you will check it out. There were 500 oysters donated (and I would show you a picture of them but I was too busy slurping them down to snap one) and they had delish Thai food and drinks from the local Split Rock distillery. 
It was held in beautiful Darrows Barn and they had a live auction but there were some heavy hitters there so yours truly didn't bid.
Now for the really traumatic part of the week. If Doggie Daycare wasn't bad enough, I took Billie to the groomer for her first bath. She HATED it!
Poor baby hated it and I felt so guilty I lost sleep over it that night. She hated the blow dryer even more. This look says HELP ME! YOU SUCK!
BUT
You can see her beautiful eyes now and she is so soft and clean.
Hopefully all is forgiven now.

No comments:

Post a Comment