Friday, February 22, 2013

So, on Monday my bestie, Gloria, taught a class at The Art Box. The medium was watercolors on rice paper and then we applied wax to make a batik painting. So much fun!
Teacher
My friend, Elaine, with a tropical scene
My subject was Lucy at the Lake
Elaine had the idea to make fabric transfers from our paintings so I think mine will become a pillow for the cottage.
 And, did I mention that my parents are visiting? Here is dad and Lucy collecting a piece of jetsam floating by (or is it flotsam? I can never remember.)
Ok, so on Wednesday, we went up to the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood. Oh, gambling you are thinking. Wrong! We rented a chickee and spent the day at their beautiful pool. Here is Miss Florence posing in our chickee. There is a flat screen TV, lounges, fridge, ceiling fan, music, you get the picture: lux! Our pool boy was Andrew - forgot to get a picture. But here are the five of us.
Florence supplied the hats
They have a super good water slide, steep and fast. We had a great time and then caught the bus back to the Keys. So great to have someone else do the driving for a change so I caught a little snooze on the way home. Divine decadence dahling.

No comments:

Post a Comment