Sunday, September 7, 2014

Happy Sunday and Happy Birthday, Genevieve!

Shout out to my sweet and wonderful grand-niecie, Genevieve. Happy Birthday with lots of love!
little mermaid, Genevieve

Here is the twirl skirt I made for Genevieve's birthday. Super easy free pattern from  The Cottage Mama you can get HERE. I used Sarah Jane's Out to Sea fabric with mermaids.

And this is my fabulous grand niecie, Lucia. She is sporting a twirl skirt with horses on it (Sarah Jane's Wee Wander) that her loving Zia made for her. How cute is she?!

So, I took this picture this morning and if you can't tell what it is, that's because I have the zoom on and I'm taking it through my window. It is a float plane landing on the Lake across the water from me. Pretty cool, right?
As you can see, today is a very different picture from last night. This picture looks to be black and white but it's not. At one point, I heard myself say out loud, Hold on, Barbie Dreamboat! The thunder, lightning, rain and waves ushered in some beautiful sunny dry weather though (see above) but it was quite a storm and the girls were NOT amused.
 Lucy even climbed into bed with Sophie, which never happens.
Long suffering Why me? look from Sophie
And, I finished up Kate's big bags using yet another new oilcloth and I think they came out so cute. One more to finish up for Laurie. Just have to put a zipper in.
So, my friend Carole and I hit a few quilt shops in Chelsea and Hallowell yesterday and then made the trek to Augusta for lunch and the Pine Tree Quilt Guild monthly meeting. Maine has a state guild with chapters (which I think is kind of weird) and this was the state guild meeting. Actually we skipped the meeting and went for the program. Scarlett Rose was the featured speaker and we were mesmerized by her celtic quilts and slides of celtic quilts. Amazing! I forgot my camera but here are a few of her patterns and you can see more at her website, ScarlettRose.com.












No comments:

Post a Comment