Sunday, July 17, 2016

Hot summer weather arrived in Maine last week and Sophie and I have been gunking around in Barbie Dreamboat and swimming most days. Back to work today.
I've been trying to stabilize Sophie on pain meds for her arthritis. Poor baby has a lot of pain and stiffness but carries on without complaining. Even though she has a ramp to get in and out of the water now, she has a hard time. The vet has her on so many pills and supplements every day, she has to take an antacid in the morning so her stomach doesn't get upset. She sleeps a lot. (Jeez, this is starting to sound like ME!) But she seems happy and is as sweet and loving as always. In this picture taken yesterday, she is watching some kids out on a swim float. Perhaps remembering her younger days when she would have been right out there with them.
This morning we are having some much needed rain and it is a nice cool 70 degrees. My garden is looking particularly lovely; most of the hydrangeas are in bloom now. 
 I took these pictures between rain showers.
 and the lilies are starting to bloom now too.
My hanging tomato plant has been super productive this year and I can't keep up with it. I've been making some yummy caprese salad. And, it's blueberry time! Delish tiny Maine blueberry time!

Lots to be thankful for on this quiet misty morning. 
Miss Barbie getting a rain rinse


No comments:

Post a Comment