Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I've been here a week now. I'd hoped a change of scene would do me good but I am having a hard time settling in. It is just so quiet at my house. I realize I've never been lonely before. I've always had a warm loving presence around me, first my husband and then my dogs. Now I'm alone. Sophie was all I had left. It is hard to sleep without the rhythm of her snoring. I have stopped talking to her like I did the first week because she is gone and I realized without her, I am just an old lady talking to myself. So. Time to stop feeling sorry for myself and get busy.
To that end, on Saturday I attended a rooftop party at Tom and Lu's in honor of his birthday. On Sunday I worked on some curtains for my niece, Genevieve. Love the fabric with mermaids and octopi, but I ran out with one panel left to go so I've got that on order.


And I've been trying to clear up my garden. It is choked with weeds and grass and I've already taken 8 trash cans of stuff to the curb.
I went back to work yesterday. And today, I'm going to start a new project for a birthday present but I'll show you that later. The weather has been perfect, the moon bright and beautiful.
My house? Silent.


No comments:

Post a Comment