Thursday, November 10, 2016

So, after a brief stop to see my sister, bro-in-law and mom in Mass, I drove to Harrisburg, PA and stayed at a pretty nice Sheraton for the night and then made the short drive to Lorton, VA on Sunday where I lined up for the auto train at 11:30. Decided it would make the long trip without my traveling companion shorter and more bearable.
cars being loaded
Occoquan
I visited the way too cutesy town of Occoquan for an hour while I waited to board the train. The mayor actually comes to the Amtrak Station in a bus and charges $5 to take you to the main street for shopping and sightseeing and gets you back in time for departure.

It left right on time at 4pm, arrived 2 hours late in Sanford, FL and then I waited 2 hours for my car - always a crap shoot unless you want to pay the extra $50 to have it come off first.

I couldn't make it to the Keys before dark so I stayed over night and had dinner with nephew, Nat and family. Stayed at an SPG resort so heard the ocean all night long -- lovely and healing. Slept like a log.
Arrived at my back door to see bananas peeking over my fence, unbeknownst to my neighbor. Lucky me!


I'll have my work cut out for me in taming my garden. But first to the unpacking in my quiet little cottage without my girl. It feels strange and wrong. I miss her so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment