Sunday, February 6, 2011



I know the night is not the same as the day: that all things are different, that the things of the night cannot be explained in the day, because they do not then exist, and the night can be a dreadful time for lonely people once their loneliness has started.  from Ernest Hemingway in A Farewell to Arms.


A warm humid night tonight, the sky full of stars and the smell of the water and sound of the crickets bring back such wonderful memories, and I have not one complaint in the world. I loved being married and I loved my husband and my life. I accept that I am on a different path now, but sometimes I wonder if I will ever be truly happy again. 
I have to trust that one day soon I will look back and think, oh silly me, I'm happier than I ever was back then . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment