Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Saga of the Rhino

OMG what a project! Well, I know myself and thought if I don't knuckle down and do some work on my rhino, I will forget what I learned in class and I'll never finish it. So, on Sunday, I skipped services at Our Lady of Perpetual Mimosas, and got to work. I worked for six hours on it and then woke up in the middle of the night and worked a few more hours to get to this point:
 Here is the front, all pieced together like a puzzle, and this is what the back looks like.
I woke up on Monday and I could not move my head. My neck and shoulders were in agony.  So I ate about six Advil and put in a call to Dr. Lu who saw me right away (she is so awesome.) I had to drive to Homestead to have my car serviced but then came back and went for a massage. I happened to have a gift certificate so I went to somebody I'd never seen before. A young greek man named Solarius (or something close to that) with a thick accent. He nearly killed me. Seriously. He attacked my neck and shoulders and back with a vengeance, like they had done something horrible to him and he had to take revenge. Oh it hurt. Dry relass, dry relass, he says. Ow, says I. Ow!  Long story short, it helped. A lot. Yorgotta eyetzit, yorgotta eyetzit, he says. Took me about two hours after I got home to realize oooohhhhhh (forehead slap) "Try to relax, try to relax" and "You've got to ice it, you've got to ice it!" I took yesterday off, on Lu's advice - had to go up to Miami anyway - but when I got home, I couldn't help myself. I had to pull off the paper and see what I had so far. So here is my rhino emerging as I pull the pattern off. Now to sew.
 Although, I think his shoulder might be too light . . . hmmmm  I do love his eye though.
. . . stay tuned for the finished project.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I think he looks wonderful. He looks friendly. GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of him is divine. But his eye makes me love him. Sew away, but take breaks to be kind to your neck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is beautiful! I will email you about how we kindred souls tend to have these neck issues....

    ReplyDelete