Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So, after 3 weeks in a thumb splint and a course of steroids, which only succeeded in making me hot and sleepless, I had to go back and get the needle today. He put the needle in at the base of the thumb, installed a tube of some sort and shot cortisone into it. And, if that doesn't make your skin crawl, you are a sadist (can think of one who would have enjoyed watching but she shall remain nameless. Sue. Ok, I said it.)  Hurt like hell and they could probably hear me screaming in Cuba. Just kidding, I just whimpered a bit and tried to take deep yoga breaths. If this doesn't work, under the knife I go. oy vey



I love my body. My cells have eternal youth.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry. Wishing you healing without going under knife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your pain. Have had 2 right at the base of my ring finger. I usually like to watch but could see that the needle was about to come out the other side, so I averted my eyes. :) So far, so good. The second one seems to have done the trick. Really hope you have the same result!

    ReplyDelete