Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Well, I had some fun with my oilcloth, made these two little cosmetic bags and here they are with my flamingoes, and lined one of my beach bags, and doesn't it look great! Love those polka dots and it went together like a dream.


I've been so busy lately. Went up to the Broward quilt show on Friday with 5 of my BFFs and had a good time, although the show was disappointing. Not nearly the quantity or quality of past years but mos def some wonderful quilts. Here are a few:

This next one was my fave and I voted for it. She hand died her fabric and so all of the shading you see is a piece of darker or lighter fabric shaped into a hairline or a mouth or a hat brim. Just amazing. Can you imagine the time this must have taken? And the quilting was fantastic, tiny tight circles to hold down all of those pieces.


The following are art quilts and I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of the artist. They were my favorites. This first one is bats! So much fun. I would love to do more art quilts - no time these days . . .


This one is man-o-wars in the sea.

So, then Saturday, I went to an all day class (and thanks, Mom and Dad, for taking care of Lucy and Sophie) where Marie, from my guild, taught us this HUGE bag. Easy and fun and I just have to bind it. So, I'll share that with you when it is done.
Sunday, I went to dinner with Mom and Dad at Calypso. A month ago, we were eating on the dock in the dark. Kind of nice to have the daylight. Here is my Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment