Saturday, November 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Ben!

This little guy is one year old tomorrow!
I spent the morning at the show and then met up for lunch with five of the loves of my life and here are three of them.

I met my my sobrino y familia for lunch at City Place and it was short but sweet. I felt like I could sit there and look at those faces for six more hours.

But, duty called and off I went back to Key Largo and the girls. I arrived around dusk on a Friday night to the sounds of my neighbors down from Miami for the weekend. I love when the neighborhood comes alive with salsa music and the smells of barbeque.

Don't read on unless you want to see some more of the fabulous quilts from the World Quilt Show.
These next five quilts are by Gloria Loughman. I was wait listed for her class but didn't get in, alas. She teaches how to paint a landscape with fabric. Just gorgeous. Maybe next year I can learn from her. 




 There was no light source on this next quilt. It is all shades of fabric and thread. Amazing!


This quilt was titled, Mount Dogmore but I thought it should be called Mount Ruffmore. haha
This quilt was super well done but it gave me the creeps - I think it was the photo face or something - not sure . . .
I think a man did this next quilt. I would call it an exception to the rule of creativity.
 
Called, Waiting for the Mail, and one of the winners.
I had so much fun and with the added bonus of seeing my family, well I am filled up with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment