Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sue and Florence and I rocketed up to the Redlands Sunday to the Fruit and Spice Park for the 25th annual Asian Cultural Festival. We LOVE this day every year!
crazy wierd and wacky fruit
We tend to graze our way through the day and here are Florence and Sue posing in their Chinese hats with our Japanese beers and Bangladeshi food. Yum
We paid a visit to the Tibetan monks - this is their booth - and received a blessing. I kneeled in front of my monk and he said the usual things about health, luck, etc. in the year to come and I looked up and said and peace of mind? He said yes yes peace, and dipped his broom thingy in the holy water again and thwacked me in the face with about a quart of water.! I gave a little scream, I think. Trust Florence to say the right thing: Wow! That must have been a really special blessing! We went to the booth next door for our massages after.  yessssss

As you can see, it was a gorgeous day
And we saw what, as you may know, is my favorite performance of the day: The Fushu Daiko drummers. In the words of Tony the Tiger, they were GREAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment