Saturday, March 1, 2014

Helped set up at the quilt show and here you see the transformation. More about the quilts later.
before
after!
Yesterday morning, Mom and I went on the Upper Keys Garden Walk 2014. I had some trepidation about it because, well frankly I used to live like this: a house on the water, beautiful landscaping. A husband. So is it all about wanting what I don't have? Not exactly. I've let my husband out of my thoughts. Mostly. And I get that I'll never live that life of privilege again. But on days like this I can't help but think what an injustice he did to me and my family. He took it all away from me and it's been a long struggle to get my self back. I'll never be the carefree person I was but I'm still putting one foot in front of the other, going through the motions as it were, and that's what I did yesterday. Saw some pretty gardens and here are the pictures.
beauteous mother
crazy climbing vine




outdoor shower
my friend, Suzy, as docent
The top parrot is 49 years old!
orchid house



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed all the pictures so much. Is that orchid house actually on private property? I am sure your garden walks are much different than the garden walks here in Iowa ( in the summer). I am so looking forward to Spring this year.

    ReplyDelete