Saturday, April 26, 2014

Well, it's happened again. Another 50-uear-old man, not naming names, has decided he doesn't want to be married to my sister anymore, throws away his wife and child. Selfish pig. I wonder how many times a day this happens in our country. He said to her the same thing mine said, 50% of marriages end in divorce. Like that makes getting a knife in your gut easier to take. What a complete jerk. And, by the way? I never liked him.

Today is the third anniversary of my divorce. Times does heal but not quickly enough for me. I'm still grieving. However, I turned a corner at the start of the new year when I finally let the constant obsessive thoughts about my husband go. Now I only think about him, well ok every day but it's just in passing and not with focus.

Now, here's some happy news to share. After all this time, I have something to look forward to again! It involves working hard and spending a lot of money. Oh you say, that doesn't sound so great but hold the phone, people! It is because I now have my very own piece of the Fabulous Florida Keys! It is not much to look at now but it will be when I get done with it.  And now for my other happy news: I can show you a picture of my new home because I have a new camera!  Woohoo!! Things are looking up.

View of the side of my house from the yard. I'm trying to come up with a good name. It was called Maxwell's Hideaway. Lizzie's Lair? Not! But you get the picture. Any ideas? Gotta go - more unpacking to be done.





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Such a wonderful feeling to buy a house on our own.
    And the newest a$$ must be the one in California, yes? Certainly not in MA, I hope!

    ReplyDelete