Monday, August 11, 2014

So, I was on my way to the annual mid-summer sale at Alewives - represent! - and I had the most random thought. Just popped into my head. I thought well thank goodness I'm not still married to him. And I felt happy thinking that. Super happy. Make that jubilant! I have not had a day without thinking about my husband since he left, and we're talking years now. I think about how much I miss him and how much I hate him but this is new and I take it as a positive sign. I mean, when I thought it - thank goodness I'm not still married to him - it was heartfelt. I really am so much better off. And apparently I know it deep down, I'm not just trying to believe it. So, yay for me!
As I said, I was on my way to Alewives and here is proprietor, Rhea, appropriately in the batiks section. As you probably know, Alewives is my most fave fabric shop in the whole world and I did some serious damage there as always. In fact, I went back two days in a row!  ha!
My friend, Stacy, and her family are visiting Maine for the week and since my friend is camera shy, here is a picture of Joy and her two corgies. She stopped by Stacy's rental to say hey on her way from Virginia to a week downeast. These next pictures are taken at Beth's farm stand. I couldn't resist because it is just so beautiful there.
Stacy's box
Just picked corn
Look at these gorgeous onions!
Beth's
So, that's all I got today. It's going to be another beautiful day in the 70's here in Maine. I'm going to have breakfast with my girlfriends and then spend the day with Stacy and family. I am feeling such gratitude for the love and affection of my friends. Friends in my own right, nobody to relegate me to the corner while he sucks the life out of the room. Thank goodness I'm not still married to him.  Yippee!!

1 comment: