Sunday, November 30, 2014

Had a big yard sale and can I just say right at the get-go, props to Laurie! Woot! Woot!  She came over the day before and spent hours pricing stuff for me. A huge help. Florence and Jim brought their stuff over too and so did Tom. So, we made a little money and we had some laughs.
my STUFF - adios! 
Florence cashiers
Little by little, I am ridding myself of stuff (not to mention the junk of the previous owner of my house.) This is the first time in four years I have NO storage units. Yay! It feels good to let it go. 
And speaking of letting it go, it is not just the material stuff I am ridding myself of. Eckhart Tolle believes we hold on to pain far beyond its ability to serve us because it gives us a sense of identity. I've been replaying the past over and over again in my head, clinging to feelings of regret and victimization and bitterness as if the act of fixation somehow gives me power. Letting it go. 

Ajahn Chah says, There will never be a time when life is simple. There will always be time to practice accepting that. Every moment is a chance to let go and feel peaceful.



No comments:

Post a Comment