Sunday, November 16, 2014

So, I'm inside on this beautiful day, working on my living room curtains and I'm ironing and  thinking that I need to write down this affirmation:  I set myself free from the past and I forgive eveyrone who participated in it.  I've been taking a course in forgiveness, btw.
So I look around in the clutter of my guestroom/office which hasn't been completely unpacked yet and I find a pretty little journal my niece gave me a few years back and I flip it open to find an empty page and I find this phrase all alone on it's own page: Smile though your heart is aching  and it's in my handwriting and immediately I feel a stab of that pain and loss I felt when I wrote those words.  But then I just acknowledge it and I move on. Skip a page and write my affirmation.
I call that progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment