Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I told my mom last night I am sick and tired of living in clutter and chaos so I keep plugging away on purging the old stuff out of the house (the garage is now full) and moving my stuff in. Yesterday, I unpacked my dishes. Haven't seen them in four years and it was like seeing an old friend. Spent a couple of hours getting the dishes that came with the house packed up, cleaning gecko poop out of the cupboards and washing the mouse urine off of mine as they've been in storage in Maine. Felt good putting them away, clean and organized. Only have to do that about a trillion more times and I'll be moved in.
I did take time off to do a mini class with some of the Florida Keys Quilters where we made a chatelaine. Here is mine. I've got a bunch more pins but if I put them all on, I wouldn't be able to lift my head. It was a super simple pattern by Bernina and will hold scissors, chalk, pins, etc.
 Mary Lou, our Prez, brought her machine in to do our names. Here she is figuring out how big to make the letters for Lois. It was fun to take a break from moving and cleaning. I miss sewing!!!
Meanwhile back at home . . .
The girls are supervising the pool installation. It is now plumbed and the lights are in and we are waiting for the next inspection. And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment