Saturday, May 23, 2015

Wind and whitecaps!
It seems the garden grows in inches every day now. I have Lilies of the Valley and Bleeding Hearts everywhere (and note to self, remember to divide these in the fall). The wind has been howling all night and continues this morning. It is wicked cold - only in the thirties with the windchill and I cannot seem to warm my cottage over 64 degrees. Wore my winter coat and mittens when we walked this morning!


gardner's helper
Popped up to beautiful Rockland yesterday with BFF Sue for a visit to Fiore to stock up on the newest olive oil. Chose a lovely Picual from Spain. We visited Clementine's, a new fabric store there - SO CUTE - and I highly recommend you visit. Bought a messenger bag pattern I do not need and some nice long zippers I wasn't able to find at Joann the other day. They bill themselves as "modern haberdashery". Image result for clementine's rockland, me
We had lunch at Archer's on the Pier. Too cold to sit outside but we got a nice corner table where we could enjoy the view. Haddock chowdah and a crab roll. Perfect meal.
view of Rockland from the pier
The harbor - soon that mooring field will be full of boats
So wonderful to smell the sea breeze and look upon the ocean. We agreed it is why we live in Maine, The Way Life Should Be!
So, then home to Sophie and my production line of bags. I have been without inventory for months and it is time for a little nose to the grindstone to be ready for the season.
bag sides with pockets ready to sew
 Sophie is recovering from the loss of our Lucy. She is much happier and engaged and last night brought me Lucy's skunk toy (a gross stuffed animal thingy that Lulu loved) and dropped it in my lap, "let's play!" So, that's a relief.
under the cutting table, keeping me company

And btw, my sister's new book is ready for pre-order on Amazon. HERE is the link, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment