Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Way Life Should Be

Sweet to be back in Maine, the Way Life Should Be. It is early spring here, the leaves barely out and the temperature cool. Wonderful to sleep in my own bed after so much time on the road. Flannel sheets and down comforter are the order of the day. Heaven.
comfy AND cosy
Unpacked the car and yes, they're back. The black flies are swarming but not biting yet. Oh joy.
in this week's paper
The bleeding hearts are up in the garden and the hosta is just poking through the dirt on this chilly gray day. The dock waits to go in.

Sophie and I had a walk this morning, she trudging behind and me seeing Lucy up ahead, racing through her beloved woods, tearing up the road after a squirrel. Her loss is so painful. I will plant a tree for her this week. I am so grateful to all of the well wishers and those that loved Lucy too and I am sorry but I have not been able to open all of the sympathy cards yet.




I did want to share the cover of the new LLBean catalog with you. Obviously, my beautiful Sophie has a career in modeling that I was unaware of.


No comments:

Post a Comment