Monday, June 1, 2015


A second day of rain and one more to go and I love it. The high temp yesterday was 54 degrees and it's not that warm yet today. I've had a fire in the fireplace non-stop. Makes things cozy with just the sound of the crackling fire and Sophie's rhythmic snoring.
I've been sewing away like mad, building up my inventory of oilcloth bags. So pretty and colorful. 

Today would have been my 30th wedding anniversary; it will be five weeks tomorrow since I lost my beloved Lucy; Saturday is my Dad's birthday. If there was ever a time to recognize the beauty in every moment and be grateful, it is now. So I won't dwell on that sunny afternoon in Santa Barbara 30 years ago, I'll hug my Sophie tight and I'll find some pictures of my Dad for his upcoming party. Life in the moment moves quickly and I don't want to miss a thing. So I note these milestones and move on. Creativity keeps me in the moment better than anything I know. Oh, and did I mention I'm going to make a shepherd's pie later? Life is good.

last night




9:30pm  ADDENDUM:
I did my best today to stay focused. I have to admit the best part of my day was a dental cleaning at noon. I miss my daddy, I miss my Luby. I do not miss that a$$hole. I think that is all pretty normal, don't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment