Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I took the day off on Friday to go up to the Maine Quilts show in Augusta. Had a lovely time and came home to find my safe clean little home under siege.  By revolting disgusting flies. Hundreds of them. It has been quite cool here but I've never seen these cluster flies during the summer and I've never had them in this house. Gross! So I went out to the hardware store and bought fly strips. The woman behind the counter said she's been selling lots of them in the past few days. So now my sweet little cottage has sticky fly strips hanging everywhere with dead bodies stuck on them. And there are still flies all over the place. Disgusting.
Anyhoo, on to more important matters. Here are a few pix of the quilt show. It was pretty good this year. Great vendors too and the temptations were in some cases, too hard to resist. Got some cool new gadgets.
 Thought I would dodge the weekend crowds but the place was packed.


Love!
This next quilt is impressive. It represents Maine and the blocks are the traditional quilt block and an applique. Flying Geese block and a flying goose, Pine Tree block and three pine trees, Bear's Paw block and a bear, etc. Awesome.

Thread painting. Must have taken her years.
Personally, I'd rather open a vein.

Wow. That is a lot of paper piecing! Really impressive.

Clever and creepy. The eyes were buttons.



fabulous
My favorite. Love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment