Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My affirmation for July says:  This month I look for ways to prove to myself that I unconditionally love and appreciate who I am. Oh, this is going to be fun! Dam straight! So much loss and sadness this year, I fear I have been wallowing in it. So, I hereby declare that I am throwing away the depression, fears and tears and will start enjoying the Maine summer. Which hasn't exactly started yet. It has been cold and rainy but I am anticipating a warm and wonderful rest of the week after today's rain. Visitors too.

And, guess who came home last night?  Yes, it is she. Barbie Dreamboat! Sweetest little boat on the Lake. Mermaid Barbie, her bowsprit, is looking a little rough around the edges though. Must have been the long cold winter. She actually has a gray streak in her hair now and her nose and chin look frostbitten.

yikes!
My garden is loving all the rain and the bleeding hearts and hosta have taken over and have got to go. Instead of dividing them this fall, I'll move them to make room for the other plants.
There is more activity at the Lake now and a few people in residence on my lane. The loons have moved out of my cove and further out into the Lake. It is summer. 
Sophie has been swimming most days and I put a ramp in so she can get in and out of the water more easily. She is having none of it so far but we are working on it (liver treats help). 


Five things I'm loving today, not necessarily in order of importance:
1.  Leonard Cohen's "Popular Problems" album. How often do you love every single song?
2.  Guided meditation with Depak: Expanding your Happiness. And oh do I need this right now.
3.  Denise Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy line. Those yummy fabrics, lovely patterns!
4.  Judy Blume's new book: In The Unlikely Event, except why did I read it before I had to fly . . . oy vey had to take a whole Xanax.
5.  My beauteous Sophie. What's not to love? She has been sleeping with Lucy's skunk. So sweet. So lonely. Glad we have each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment