Sunday, July 19, 2015

My friend, Ann, and I set out yesterday for a little wine tasting. The weather was perfect for it - gray and spritzing a bit. We started off at Cellar Door Winery where we sampled four wines and had some cheese that was out of this world: Cotswold Cheddar. Oh it was good. The wine sucked but hey! this is Maine. Not exactly known for it's wine. Next we went to Savage Oakes where the wine was even worse, if that is possible, but the landscape was beautiful and the lady at the tasting bar was fun.
Cellar Door vines
 Next up: Sweetgrass Winery. I love Sweetgrass, a simple place in a big barn plus they make the most wonderful gin and they make smash. Their wine is horrid but this is Maine, people. Not northern California.
We were hungry and realizing we were near Morse's Sauerkraut, off we went to the Kraut House where we split their fabulous ruben and the famous Kraut Balls. (Yes, that is really what they are called.) Yum! A fun day and all I wanted when I got home was a nap.

And check it out. July 18th and I needed a fire in the fireplace to take the chill off. Maine may have lousy wine but it is still The Way Life Should Be!


No comments:

Post a Comment