Saturday, October 10, 2015

I had planned to be on my way south by now but I'm so glad I stayed. The colors are just about at peak and the days are crisp, the nights chilly. I've had the heater on for two weeks now and a fire in the fireplace most nights. I love Maine in October.  Here is a picture of my road looking golden. And below is what it looks like at my house this morning. Lots of reds and yellows among the evergreens across the Lake.
My friend, Ann, and I went to Beth's for the corn maze (oh I just had a thought: it should be the maize maze, right? As Bart Simpson famously said, The Indians called it maize. ha) Here's Ann in the hay wagon.
And the start to the maze.
This is us channeling Children of the Corn. Ann looked particularly creepy with her green sweatshirt. Good thing no little kids came by when she was lurking.
Next up:  Pumpkinfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment