Monday, October 19, 2015

Long slog today and Sophie and I were more than ready to get off the road. Lots of trucks and 25-30 mph winds blowing us all over the road.
33 chilly degrees this morning and I had ice on my windshield.
Got through the Carolinas and Georgia and into Florida today and pulled into the Welcome Center to take off my shoes. 77 degrees. Yeah!
Lots of time to think when you're behind the wheel for so many hours and tired to boot. I found myself starting with those feelings of deep resentment and utter sadness, thinking about how hard it was to make the trip, why I was doing it alone, etc. etc. Back into that victimization state of mind that I'm so good at. Seriously. Like he rates even 5 minutes of my time? Not. Nipped that train of thought in the ass and enjoyed the scenery for the rest of the ride. I am woman. Hear me drive. And play the harmonica. (Yup, that's what I do when I get sleepy, and Sophie hums (moans really) along from the back.) haha





No comments:

Post a Comment