Sunday, June 3, 2012

Look what was waiting for me in the bathtub last night. Ginormous wolf spider. It was a fight to the death and I won't go into details but it involved roach spray and a tank full of hot water before I finally got him down the drain. Zoiks, those things freak me out.
I was wanting a bath after a long day at the 2012 Spring into Summer Shop Hop. But I digress . . . cue swirly music that means we're going back in time . . .
The Lady Slippers are in bloom by the thousands - literally.
So Friday, I did my volunteer gig at the Maine Coastal Botanical Gardens, driving the shuttle, which I love. And, you must go because it is more gorgeous than ever this year. Just fabulous. However, on this particular day, there were about 6 trillion second graders at the gardens. See this smile pasted on my face? My cheeks hurt when my shift was over. I am saying under my breath through gritted teeth, get in the freaking cart and shut it!. Just kidding hahaha  ha
When I was done, off I went to King Eider for a celebratory glass of champagne and half dozen oysters. Yes! I'd been planning this for ages to celebrate my website and store launch. Damariscotta has the BEST OYSTERS EVER. And, if you are ever in town, give me a call and I will meet you at the Pub for oysters. yum
Ok, so the Shop Hop. Oh, did we have fun! It was a yucky rainy day but that did not deter us. Sue showed up at my cottage at 9am on the dot and off we went.
Our route
We put 150 miles on the Prius and visited six quilt shops. You buy your passport at the first shop you visit and then you have it stamped at each shop. When you have all of your stamps, you turn in your passport and sit back and wait to  be called and told about all the wonderful prizes you have won. (still waiting . . . )  The hop lasts three days but since I had the Gardens on Friday and I'm off to work today, we packed it all into eight hours yesterday. I drooled over the batiks that Sue bought but -- well, you'd better sit down for this -- I did not buy any fabric!  You need smelling salts now, don't you? Yes, I managed to restrain myself. Bali sustains me. Anyhoo, we were back by 5pm so made an efficient use of our time.
And, let me tell you, the girls were Not Happy. Miss Sophie paid me back by digging a hole in the driveway and tearing up the welcome mat. I suspect she tried to get into the dogfood too but so far, she is denying it.







3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new site! I clearly haven't looked for a few days so sorry to be slow with my good wishes. I will order very soon - beeyootiful stuff! - but wanted to tell you about one typo - under How do I pay? Second sentence has "eiher" in it. Also, I could swear that I found a link to your blog but then couldn't find it, so maybe no worries. I was just wondering about the advisability of the whole stinkin' world reading your blog...Love you! Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the second person to tell me about the typo, so thank you (and thank you, Mom)! As far as the whole world reading my blog? Well, what can I say? My life is an open book.

    ReplyDelete