Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Well, summer has finally arrived in Maine. We were actually in the 70's and the sun has been shining for two whole days now and supposed to be lovely again today. I have my  work cut out for me, as you can see. I had a cord of wood delivered and it is waiting to be stacked. Not naming names or anything, but a few friends from Florida seemed to have burned my whole remaining woodpile - not used to the Maine cold or the novelty of a fire, I reckon. (can't believe I actually just said I reckon)
 My nephew, Josh, painted my picnic table for me yesterday. (hmmmm I wonder if I have any stencils lying around in my studio . . .) I love this happy yellow. Josh said the color was "marigold." Sweet.
Miss Elna and I did whip up a few Willa Wallets using my new oilcloth. I love this one. To me, it says "fifties farmhouse kitchen wallpaper." Know what I mean? 
I wanted to show you this pretty pink moth - She's been hanging around the house for a few days. One day on the front porch, one day in the living room, here in the bathroom. I've never seen a moth with these colors before. Have to admit when I enlarged the photo, I was a little creeped out about the pink horns though. zoiks
And finally, sunset is back after all the rain and it was worth the wait. Here is the view from my cottage and I never get tired of it. So beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. The Willa wallet is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your moth is beautiful! Nice picture. It is a Dryocampa rubicunda, also known as the rosy maple moth. The caterpillars eat maple leaves, so if you don't want them around eating your maples, you can watch for the pale yellow eggs on the undersides of maple leaves, and get rid of them or kill the caterpillars when they hatch. They are light green with black lines and red heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above comment is from my mum. Thanks, Mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes love the farmhouse kitchen wallpaper look!
    and that moth is super cool
    T-16 !

    ReplyDelete