Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Just to catch you up . . . I loved the ooh la la fabric by Bunny Hill so much, I made a male version for baby Roman. Just a little tied quilt with a soft back.
And, I whipped up this cute bag by Anna Maria Horner yesterday morning. It was fun and the first time I made something with the batiks I brought back from Bali. (As opposed to just fondling them.)
This woman was making Troll Beads at a shop in town. The colored sticks next to her are glass. It was a cool process to watch and while people seem to just love these beads, they kind of leave me cold. I guess they are sort of a charm bracelet. Just as well I'm not interested. I imagine you could spend quite a bit on the things. I asked the woman if it wouldn't be more cost effective to just get a troll bead bracelet tattooed on your wrist . . . she was not amused.

So, check this out. Above is what it looked like at my house yesterday afternoon. Gorgeous Now, look at the picture below. I was in the house reading just before sunset and I looked up when something hit the roof. The wind was suddenly whipping like crazy and a band of rain was coming across the lake. Through it all, you could see the sunset. This is NOT a black and white picture. wow
So, today I will start putting the binding on Florence's quilt. The kid will be able to put this quilt on her toddler bed and then her full size bed. Don't know how it go so big! Here it is all quilted and ready for the binding:
That is Sophie doing her vulture impression.



No comments:

Post a Comment