Wednesday, September 5, 2012

'Tis a fine soft day, as they say in Ireland. I woke up to the gray rainy day and thought, oh it's the perfect day to sew. yipee! I celebrated Labor Day by working my last day on Sunday and although I like my job, I am always glad when it is over for the season. More creative time for yours truly.
So, before 8am, the girls and I piled in the car and roared off to the local florist because today was none other than Good Neighbor/Friendship Day. No, seriously. So, I got my free dozen roses and so beautiful they were. The deal is FTD made up this day and certain florists offer a dozen roses for free as long as they last and you keep one and pass the other ones out which I did, one by one. The other part is the florist can accept donations for a charity. Hers was Haiti. It was fun and it made people smile. I saw a man downtown doing the same thing and we did a long distance high five.
And then I sewed. And sewed and sewed. I'm still not finished cutting the fat quarters from my Bali fabrics but the pile is getting smaller. And, I just have the hand sewing of the binding to do for Roman's little quilt; waiting for my hands to  cooperate. Here it is. Look how cute! I used a soft blue minky backing and made up a little matching label.
I took myself out to the pub for lunch and saw Queen of Eider, Sarah! So nice to see you, girlfriend. Life is good indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment