Thursday, October 18, 2012

and speaking of milestones . . .

This little blog of mine - initially written to reassure my mum, and awfully cathartic for me - just went over 25,000 page views! How crazy is that? (Just went back to LizzieAloneCensored and that one has over 9,000 plus the ones my lawyer made me delete - and ironically, my husband is the only one who has those, but that's a story for another day. Or not. Not.)   Anyhoo, go figure! I don't look at the stats too often, so I was surprised.
I see my avatar every day when I log into my blog, of course. Here she is. There used to be a fun male figure next to this female one outside the door to our house. After my husband left and I was out of my mind with grief, I took the male figure and javelined it into the ocean one day. Then, she became my avatar, and I still have her and she is outside my own little cottage now: my very own symbol of independence for LizzieAlone.

I'll tell you what: when I am gone, if this blog still exists in some form and you can read the drafts that I never published? oooh mama, fire will come out of your eyes and your head will explode. I don't even dare look back at them. But ohhh the relief of getting the thoughts out of my head and onto my blog. "Healing" sounds trite but it is so true and I'm grateful for the outlet.

So, thanks for the validation. I'm not ready to stop writing here any time soon. Bye for now from LizzieAlone.



No comments:

Post a Comment