Monday, October 29, 2012

So, I said bye-bye to my daddy today and headed south, driving down the far edge of Hurricane Sandy, feeling the wind blow my little car all over the road and watching the rain blow sideways across my windshield. Drove down thru Ohio which, as far as I'm concerned, is now in a tie with Connecticut for worst place to drive. And, I'm pretty sure it says, "The Roadkill State" on the Ohio license plate.

Drove 'til I couldn't drive anymore and tonight I am in Hellhole, Kentucky in the worst Day's Inn I've ever seen. OMG. You want to wear socks AND shoes. To bed. (I am telling you. I NEED an RV.)  I've used up all of my antibacterial wipes and still don't want to touch the remote or any of the lamps or phone. Ick. Good thing I don't have a blacklight. I'd probably run screaming down the highway.

Anyhoo, the women who checked me in said it is supposed to snow tonight with 30mph winds. I don't care of it snows six feet and is blowing a gale, I am out of here at first light.

I would like to say welcome home to my mum and take care, you in the Sandy zone.  nighty night and (please oh please oh please) don't let the bed bugs bite.

1 comment: