Tuesday, January 15, 2013

So, when I lifted my head from my sewing, where time has no meaning, I realized it had been quite a while since Sophie had checked in. I went outside and called her and called her and then heard in the distance that hysterical bark she sometimes does. Heard it again, and Lucy and I took off down the street in search of her. We found her about 8 doors down behind the big ornate LOCKED gates at an empty mansion (one of about 6 on my street). She had to have swum there from her backyard. oy vey  Luckily, the neighbor was home and let me go to the back of her house to coax Sophie back into the canal and up the stairs by her boats. We went back this morning to take a picture.
she was behind these gates when I found her!
Mommy, why can't we live here?

No comments:

Post a Comment