Saturday, May 4, 2013



No leaves yet but these buds are ready to pop and the hosta and bleeding hearts are pushing up towards the sun. We're having beautiful sunny days in the 60's and cold nights in the 40's and for all of us who are pushing the season and planting, frost tonight! Honestly! It's May! No black flies yet so the girls and I are enjoying some nice long walks in the woods.
view from my window
I've been nose to the grindstone, cleaning up my house and my yard and (finally) finishing up my taxes. I did make a brief trip with my friend, Maine Sue, up to Rockland to restock my olive oil and balsamics. Fiore! Represent! Oh, I have missed you, my Portuguese, Spanish and Greek friends! I love when the northern hemisphere olive oils are here. I think I ran out at the end of January, however, the owner visits the Keys every winter and has promised to make a special delivery next year if need be. Thanks, Pat!
So, in celebration of being all moved in and taxes done, I felt I deserved a treat and off we went to Reds Eats. Now, I would not be caught dead there in summer and here is why:
 check out the line!!
Here is what it looked like yesterday  :)
 so I had their fabulous lobster roll and Sue had . . . wait for it . . . a cheeseburger! Seriously, go figure.
 Now THAT is a lobster roll!


2 comments:

  1. Love Red's lobster roll. That photo excites me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to Maine, David! The way life should be.

    ReplyDelete