Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Yesterday was the first sunny day in a week and let me tell you, when I went into town for groceries, everybody and I mean EVERYBODY was out mowing their lawn. So of course, not to be outdone, I came home and mowed mine, such as it is. It was still cold and how crazy is this: it snowed in some places in Maine. And frost last night. Not here at the coast but we have only had one day that hit 70 degrees since I got here. Still don't have my dock in. Someone told me it is going to be in the 80's this weekend and so now the locals are all complaining about that. Zoiks, what a crazy spring. But hey, check out my ginormous bleeding hearts!
So, I wanted to tell you about this fabu dinner I made the other night. George (Foreman) grilled up some chicken and I shredded it and tossed it with cilantro, green onions, some crushed peanuts, chile sauce, and chopped cabbage and carrots. Then, I made a dressing with sweet vinegar, olive oil and a little peanut butter. Man, was that mmm mmm good! Kind of a Thai chopped salad. Oh, almost forgot - the juice of about 6 key limes. That's what started the whole thing. Saw the key limes in the grocery store.
Just uploaded this picture and it looks kind of gross but trust me . . . 
And, I finally perfected a brush roll design. And if you're like me, you're saying a what?? Well, it's for make-up brushes and About Face asked me to come up with it for the salon. (Yours truly has exactly one brush, which I dug out to model my brush rolls here.) I've been working like mad on these and I'll deliver them tomorrow. Cool, right? 
love the animal print oilcloth
the upper flaps are like a little color surprise when you open the roll
Lastly but not least, I wanted to tell you about my sister-friend niece-in-law, Sarah, who ran her first marathon yesterday and ran a fantastic race, beating even her expectations and I think she is just so AMAZING and she did it even though she and the three kids have been sick! Now, that is impressive. 
you go Sarah girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment