Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sunday I went over to Carol and Bob's for lunch and to experience Bob's World Famous Seafood Chowder. Man, was it worth all the hype! Packed full of shrimp and scallops, fish, potatoes, it was delish! He even sent me home with a doggie bag so I had it for dinner and then lunch on Monday as well. Fabulous. I got to see Carol's quilt for Heather. She is amazingly precise and the quilt top is gorgeous, as you can see.
All those points! And every one perfect.
My co-workers and I are not often all in the same place so we had to document it. They are a bunch of smart and funny women and I feel privileged to know them.

while the cat is away . . . 
And lastly, I've been working on a few UFO's and I brought out my wonky nine-patch squares and laid them out. I need 34 more nine-patch - not a problem - and 30 more of the black batik squares. That IS a problem as I am out of that fabric and can't find anymore. Does anybody have any of this black batik that I can buy from you?? I'm desperate! 



I have been pushing the season and still have my kayak out, my chairs, my umbrella, everything and suddenly it is 40 degrees this morning and supposed to be in the 20's and 30's tonight and stay that way. Zoiks! My little heaters are working overtime. I will have to bundle up and get that stuff put away. It is just so pleasant to hunker down and sew by the window in my little cottage nestled in the fog, listening to MPBN and watching the Kingfisher fly by. (Although I haven't seen him this morning - I have seen the bald eagle twice so maybe that is why.) 
Life is good, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment