Wednesday, October 30, 2013

this and that

My friend, Sue, and I took a trip to the teeming metropolis of Portland and made our usual shopping stops at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. I felt like Country Mouse in the big city.

This is the display outside of Whole Foods and will you just look at the displays in that store! Holy crapoli, it's amazingly beautiful! It's art! - I ain't never seen nothin' like it! (That's my inner country mouse talking.)
wow!
Also wanted to show you how angry the Lake is today. Blowing a gale and cold like you wouldn't believe. As you can see, I finally got my stuff put away. Now Chris has to come out in his chest waders and put the dock up. I don't know what he's going to do about the float. Should have taken it in when Barbie Dreamboat was in the water. It will be of entertainment value as I watch from my warm and toasty perch on the other side of the window . . . (sorry Chris).
And, here is my latest UFO.  I started it on my quilting cruise last spring and did not have much interest in it until I got quite rabid about finishing it the other day when I decided to add the palm tree to the landscape. Probably from thinking about going to the land of palm trees. Sewed and glued the shells on and used buttons for the coconuts. The palm tree is somehow not in perspective but what the heck. I like it. Especially the shimmery waves. It's the first time I've made a knife edge binding and just have to tack it down in the back.  What do you think?


And, here is Sophie begging for a real roar of a fire instead of this pitiful little flame.
I'm cold, mummy! When are we going to Florida?

No comments:

Post a Comment